Access to more information for our customers
• How do I know if the Décor Window will fit my garage door?
The Décor Window was designed to be compatible with as many door-panel stampings as is possible, but the best way to be sure is to measure your current garage door panel to see that it is not greater then 45 1/2 inches wide and 16 5/8 inches tall. Signature Décor Windows will also fit flat-panel doors. You may also download the “Door Specifications” sheet for more detailed information.
• Does your product mount to all garage door materials like wood, steel, etc?
Yes, our product is designed to install to a wide range of building materials. Just remember to measure your door stamping if you have one on your current door.
• Can I provide additional attachment beyond the provided screws?
Yes, you can if desired apply a bead of Liquid Nail around the outer perimeter of the Décor Window’s back side at application. (Be sure that this adhesive does not make contact with the front of the part in any way.)
• Will installing your product impact the operating of my door?
Installation of our product in most cases will not impact the operation of your door. A credible garage door dealer could make adjustments to your door springs and opener should it be required.
• Your product stands out from the surface of the door versus flat; will it interfere with opening of my current garage door?
Our product is designed with a max height of 3/8 inch (industry standard) which under normal building conditions should not interfere.
• My hardware overlaps my panels will this hinder the operation of my door?
Yes. Currently our hardware is not designed to overlap panel sections. With the inconsistent movement of garage doors as they open and close an overlapping product is not feasible.
• Is your Décor Window a functional window?
No. The Coach House Accents Décor Window is a simulated window that provides security and curb appeal to your garage door and home. They will not serve as “real” windows.
• Can I put the Décor Window over my current garage door windows?
We don’t recommend this action over existing windows due to factors that involve the fit and functional operation of your garage door.
• How much do your windows weigh?
Windows weigh approximately 5 pounds each. The shipping weight of the complete kit as purchased (containing two simulated windows, mounting hardware, and packing material) is 17 pounds.
• Do you have additional window styles?
At this time we do not have additional styles.
• What is your product made of?
Signature Window frames are made of automotive-grade plastic resin.
Decorative Hardware is made of automotive-grade plastic resin, chrome-plated, and finished with automotive clear-coat for superior weathering.
• Can I paint the window frame if I choose?
Yes, you can paint over the window frame with exterior grade latex; do not use an oil-base coating. You will have to mask off the Plexiglas prior to painting and you will need to repaint the frame as required with normal weathering.
• How do you get your finish?
Products are produced in both mold and color ASA composite resin and the Lacks Spinelle metal finish process.
• Is the window glass?
No. The material being used is Plexiglas.
• Will my Plexiglas fog over or become hazy over time?
The Plexiglas will not fog up as it is an opaque material (solid throughout) and material has been designed and tested to only incur a very minor fade over extended years of weathering.
• If necessary can I get replacement Plexiglas?
No. The Plexiglas is attached to the frame at installation and can not be removed without damaging the window frame.
• I damaged my template; can I get a replacement?
Contact us and we will send you a replacement template, or you can download a full-size PDF file here.
Contact email@example.com or 1-800-351-9776.
• Will moisture get into my garage door when I drill holes to attach the Décor Window?
Coach House Accents Décor Window design and installation incorporates a rubber washer to go around each screw and provides a seal between the garage door and Décor Window.
• Do Coach House Accents products rust?
No. The advanced materials and plating technology we use will never corrode, and our products are covered by a 15-year finish warranty.
• Will the screws rust?
The screws are made of stainless steel material and are manufactured not to rust.
• How do I clean the product once it is installed?
To clean Signature Décor Windows and decorative hardware, wash with plenty of non-abrasive soap or detergent and water (example: Dawn Dish soap). Use the bare hand to feel and dislodge any caked dirt or mud. A soft, grit-free cloth, sponge or chamois may be used as a means to carry water to the parts. DO NOT use hard, rough cloths that will scratch the parts. Dry with a clean damp chamois if desired.
• I only need one handle; can I return the extra handle from my Signature Kit?
No. “Signature Series” handles are only sold in pairs as part of a kit at this time.
• Does this product meet wind load requirements?
Our products attach securely to the garage door panel, which conforms and meets regional and local wind load requirements.
• My home-owners association requires approval for exterior enhancements; will you assist in presenting your product for approval?
Contact Coach House Accents and we will prepare and assist with a presentation to any home owners association.
• Who is Coach House Accents?
Our company is backed by nearly 50 years in the successful development of products for the automotive industry. Our parent company has been privately held and family owned since 1961. Our headquarters are located in Grand Rapids, Michigan and our company is financially strong. The company operates 17 injection molding, electroplating, painting and assembly facilities in West Michigan and South Carolina and employs over 2,000 people. We are proud to be an environmental leader within the industry, including ISO 14001 Standard Certification. By incorporating our strength in manufacturing and finishing, we are committed to becoming a leader in providing excellent products for the home exterior market.
• Where are you located?
Grand Rapids, Michigan.
• How long have you been in business?
The company has been in operation for over 50 years and based in West Michigan.
• Is your product made in the USA?
Yes. All Coach House Accents products are made in Grand Rapids, MI.
• Who do I contact with questions?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-351-9776.
• Who do I contact to become a distributor of your product?
Contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-351-9776.